How to view reults report from the memory diagnostics test (when all other suggestions fail)

Barbara Lloyd 0 Reputation points
2026-10-06T03:53:58.3733333+00:00

No results report was created. I am having no problems and I expected to see a results log indicating no errors. I followed the information I found in Microsoft Learn. No results log were created. Then I monitored the test (1.5 hours) and when it finally switched to 100% complete. The screen indicated I needed to enter my recovery pin. I finally figured out what mine was. And, when I did the test again and waited the approximate 1.5 hours, I entered the pin. Then the system reset and the results message then showed up in the events log. And, I received a notification message. Note: I have a power on password (in case this is triggering the need to enter the recovery pin)

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. AI answer

    2026-10-06T03:54:11.48+00:00

    The memory diagnostics results can be viewed in Event Viewer after the test completes and Windows returns to the desktop.

    Use this path in Event Viewer:

    1. Open Event Viewer.
    2. Go to Event Viewer (Local) > Application and Services Logs > Microsoft > Windows > MemoryDiagnostics-Results > Debug.
    3. In the results pane, select a message to view the details of that memory test run.

    A successful no-error result is indicated by Event ID 2001, which means no memory errors were detected.

    Based on the described behavior, the results were not visible until the test fully completed and Windows resumed normally after the required recovery PIN step. After that, the event log entry and notification appeared, which is consistent with the results being available only after the diagnostic run finishes and the system returns to Windows.


    References:

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.