Extending Surface Pro 9 support for another year

yesayi tolmoyan 0 Reputation points
2026-10-06T01:48:31.2666667+00:00

Hello,
I've joined a local Consultant team and one of our clients has multiple Surface Pro 9's with extended warranty that expires March of 2027. Is it possible to extend that another year? For context their standard warranty expired march 2024. if so where can I learn about the costs of extending that warranty another year?

Surface | Surface Pro | Performance and maintenance
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Vikki-T 11,450 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-06T08:04:31.01+00:00

    Hi yesayi tolmoyan,

    Thank you for sharing the warranty details. I understand that your client would like to plan ahead and keep the Surface Pro 9 devices covered after March 2027.

    Whether another year can be added depends on the current protection plan, the eligibility of each device, and the country or region where the devices were purchased. Pricing is also determined based on the device, plan type, and commercial agreement, so it cannot be confirmed from the forum.

    Please note that this is a user-to-user support forum. Moderators and contributors, including external Microsoft employees, cannot directly access warranty records, check device eligibility, provide quotations, or access Microsoft’s back-end systems. My role here is limited to providing general guidance based on the information shared.

    To make sure I direct you to the appropriate support channel, could you please confirm whether these Surface Pro 9 devices are personal/consumer devices or business/commercial devices owned or managed by your client’s organization?

    I understand this may not be the immediate answer you were hoping for, but I want to make sure you receive the most accurate guidance for your situation. Thank you so much for your understanding. 


    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.