URGENT: 6,800 Outlook/Hotmail Emails Lost, Support Loop Preventing Human Assistance

Paul S 0 Reputation points
2026-10-06T01:06:16.72+00:00

I urgently need help reaching a human Outlook.com/Hotmail.com support agent. Approximately 6,800 emails spanning the last two years disappeared from my Junk Email folder, where they were accidentally moved. I believe all were removed about 20 days before the stated 30-day retention period. I have spent about 30 hours over the past few weeks, including four trips to the public library because I was told I would need to be on a PC to restore them. I’m trying to get help before the recovery window expires after a few more days. I was able to reach a live support agent for Outlook mobile support (I am an iPad 9 & 11 and iPhone 13 user); a human named Michael provided me with case number 7109266352, but he told me to continue on a PC and reach out to support.microsoft.com/en–us/home/contact. When I did multiple times at the public library, the support site repeatedly looped back to sign-in and then reported that it could not find the case number. I am not asking forum volunteers to recover the emails. I need help reaching the correct Microsoft support team before any remaining recovery options are lost. Has anyone found a way to reach a live Outlook.com support agent when the support system is stuck in a sign-in loop? I’d be happy to go back to the library and try again. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Email
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. AI answer

    2026-10-06T01:06:33.1+00:00

    For Outlook.com sign-in or mailbox-access problems, support agents cannot directly help with account sign-in or send recovery links. The supported path is:

    1. If sign-in is failing or looping, use the Microsoft account sign-in helper first: Get help signing in.
    2. If sign-in works in Outlook.com, open Help from the top menu, then Help.
    3. Enter the issue in Search Help and press Return.
    4. If the self-help results do not resolve it, scroll to the bottom of the Help pane and under Still need help? select Yes.
    5. If the Help pane path does not work or sign-in still blocks access, use the Outlook.com support entry point: here.
    6. If support is not replying, check whether the mailbox is full, because a full mailbox can prevent replies from support.

    For missing Outlook.com mail, community guidance in similar cases also recommends checking Outlook.com in a web browser and reviewing Deleted Items and Recover items deleted from this folder before contacting support.


    References:

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.