Add-on components that enhance and customize the Visual Studio integrated development environment
Request to Regain Access to VS Code Extension Publisher Account
Hello Visual Studio Marketplace Support Team,
I am reaching out for assistance in regaining access to the publisher account associated with a VS Code extension that I originally created and published in 2020.
I am the original author and owner of the extension, but I no longer have access to the original publisher account following the migration and integration requirements involving Azure DevOps / Microsoft Entra ID.
I would like to recover access to the original publisher account if possible, rather than creating a new extension or abandoning the existing publisher identity.
Extension Details:
- Extension Marketplace URL: https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=mutomboJeanVincent.coolest-dark
- Extension Name: Coolest Dark
- Original Publisher ID: mutomboJeanVincent
- Approximate Original Publication Date: 2020
- Current Microsoft Account Email: ******@gmail.com
Proof of Ownership:
- GitHub Repository: https://github.com/coolbeatz71/coolest-dark
- I am the owner of the source code repository associated with the extension.
- I can verify ownership through my GitHub account and provide any additional information you require.
- If necessary, I can also add a temporary verification file or other verification information to the repository to demonstrate ownership of the extension.
Could you please help me recover access to the original publisher account associated with this extension?
If the original publisher account cannot be recovered, I would appreciate guidance on the appropriate process for transferring ownership of the existing extension to my current publisher account.
I am happy to provide any additional information or verification required to establish that I am the original author and owner of the extension.
Thank you for your assistance.
Best regards,
Mutombo Jean-Vincent