Sent Items Gone From Before 20 July 2026

Lance Manley 0 Reputation points
2026-10-05T10:51:26.2133333+00:00

I have lost all Sent emails from one Hotmail account from before 20/07/26. I have checked 2 other Hotmail accounts and the problem is not there, all my Sent items are present.

I have checked Rules, checked outlook.com and the phone app but all are the same, nothing before 20th July.

I have done some research online as to why this has happened and a few other people appear to have had this problem this year.

Someone I sent an email to last year, her address came up when I searched for her, but the email itself is gone. This is how I found out about the problem.

Any way to get these back?

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Chloe-V 13,620 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-06T02:31:39.7+00:00

    Hi @Lance Manley

    I’m sorry to hear that all Sent emails before 20 July 2026 have disappeared from this Hotmail account.

    Since the messages are also missing in Outlook.com and the phone app, this does not appear to be an issue limited to New Outlook. Please sign in to Outlook.com on a computer, open Deleted Items, and select Recover items deleted from this folder to check whether the missing messages are still available for restoration.

    If they are not listed there, please contact Microsoft Support and request a mailbox-level investigation. Make sure to include the exact cutoff date and explain that the same messages are missing across all devices. Please note that the address appearing in search may come from saved contact or autocomplete information and does not necessarily mean the original email is still stored in the mailbox.

    Please note that this is a user-to-user support forum. Moderators, contributors including external Microsoft employees cannot directly intervene in Microsoft product features or access back-end systems. Our role is limited to providing technical guidance on reported issues, requests, or ideas only.


    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.  

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.