Billing error

Marilyn Mercer 0 Reputation points
2026-10-05T01:58:25.93+00:00

I have been billed for an account which I do not have. I have a personal account and have paid the annual fee . I have now been billed for a Family subscription as well. I wish to have a refund of $179 please

Microsoft 365 and Office | Microsoft Family Safety | For home | Android
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. SD - IA 180.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-05T02:38:49.6566667+00:00

    Hi,

    I will walk through a few steps with you. Some of these are just to help figure out what is wrong, not to fix it right away. So if nothing changes after a step, that is normal. I will keep going until we solve it.

    For a single Microsoft account, having two subscriptions i.e., 365 Personal and Family) is impossible. So it is likely that someone else used your card for a Microsoft account.

    Are you sure no one else in your family used your card?

    How to investigate a billing charge from Microsoft
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/accounts-billing/how-to-investigate-a-billing-charge-from-microsoft

    Use our troubleshooter to understand why you were charged.

    Start

    This troubleshooter should route you to a billing agent who should process a refund.

    I look forward to hearing from you to get the results of the troubleshooting.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.