How to fix audio on my Asus Zenbook Windows 11

Leyla Cruz 0 Reputation points
2026-10-05T01:26:31.7166667+00:00

The audio bar on my computer does not work and won't go up past 0. It will only work when I am connected to a Bluetooth device and then audio will play. When I disconnect the volume immediately goes back to 0 and stops working. I have done some of the troubleshooting diagnostics but either they say nothing is wrong or they say I have no output device connected to play audio.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. John DeV 170.4K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-05T02:13:33.5133333+00:00

    Hi, good day!

    To help narrow down the cause

    Does Device Manager > Sound, video and game controllers show the audio device without a warning/error icon?

    When did the built-in audio last work properly, and did this start after a Windows or driver update?

    What is the exact model of your AZUS Zenbook?

    Press Start then search msinfo to open System Information. Please take a screenshot of the resulting window and post it in your next response.


    Please try reinstalling the audio driver through Device Manager

    Right-click Start and select Device Manager.

    Expand Sound, video and game controllers.

    Right-click the laptop's audio device and select Uninstall device.

    Check “Attempt to remove the driver for this device.”

    Click Uninstall.

    Restart the laptop.

    I look forward to receiving your update and I'm willing to collaborate with you till we resolve the issue. Do keep me informed by clicking "Add comment" below.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.