How to fix EFI system Partion, FAT 32 with Full repair needed

WSWolfe 0 Reputation points
2026-10-05T00:26:51.7733333+00:00

Under System/Storgae/Disk& volumes I see this message EFI system Partion, FAT 32, Full repair needed I have tried Copiolt for tips, but it doesn't seem to know the correct procedure, I am trying to avoid 3rd party software, since I have a trust issue when it comes to sites and apps I don't know I can count on not to cause harm.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Files, folders, and storage
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. TaoLi 114.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-05T01:12:10.1666667+00:00

    Hi , you can check this using Windows’ built-in tools—no third-party download is needed.

    First, right-click Start >> Disk Management. Does the EFI partition show Healthy (EFI System Partition) there? Please share a screenshot, and let me know whether Windows starts normally or displays any startup errors.

    For now, please don’t delete or format that partition—it’s needed to start Windows. The warning alone isn’t enough to determine which repair, if any, is appropriate.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.