Windows 11 unable to get two monitors working with new ASRock B850M-C motherboard

OHPRS Admin 316 Reputation points
2026-10-04T21:19:04.7633333+00:00

I have installed a new ASRock B850M-C. I was told I could use both the integrated graphics and a graphics card, but that's not working and this issues will be a post elsewhere.

I enabled priority to the graphics card in the BIOS and plugged in a MSI GT710 graphics card with VGA, DVI and HDMI connectors. I plugged monitors into the VGA and DVI ports. When I boot Windows I see only the DVI monitor and no additional displays are detected. When I unplug the DVI leaving only the VGA and reboot, it sees the VGA monitor, but not the DVI and no additional display are detected. How do I get Windows to see both displays?

Windows for business | Windows 365 Business
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Daphne Huynh (WICLOUD CORPORATION) 1,575 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-05T03:23:31.8+00:00

    Welcome to Microsoft Q&A!

    Thank you for providing the detailed information about your setup.

    Based on your description, the issue appears more likely to be related to the graphics hardware configuration than to Windows 11 itself. Since Windows can detect either the VGA-connected monitor or the DVI-connected monitor individually, but not both at the same time, the MSI GT710 may not be driving both outputs concurrently, depending on the specific card model and its supported display configurations.

    I recommend the following to help you narrow down the cause:

    1. Install the latest NVIDIA driver for the GT710 directly from NVIDIA rather than relying on the driver provided through Windows Update.
    2. Open Settings > System > Display and select Detect under Multiple displays to check whether Windows can identify the second monitor.
    3. Open NVIDIA Control Panel > Set up multiple displays and verify whether both monitors are listed.
    4. If available, try a different port combination, such as DVI + HDMI instead of DVI + VGA, as some GT710 models have limitations on which outputs can be used simultaneously.
    5. Confirm that both monitors, cables, and ports are functioning properly by testing each display independently and swapping cables where possible.
    6. If your processor includes integrated graphics, check whether the integrated GPU is enabled in BIOS and test connecting one monitor to the motherboard video output and the other to the GT710. Support for this configuration varies by motherboard and BIOS implementation.

    If one monitor works but additional displays are not detected, the graphics adapter, driver, cable, adapter, or output configuration may be limiting multi-monitor functionality. This is also a recommendation testing alternative ports, cables, and display adapter settings when troubleshooting multiple-display detection issues.

    One additional point to consider is the processor model. The display outputs on the ASRock B850M-C motherboard only function when the installed Ryzen processor includes integrated graphics. If your CPU does not have an integrated GPU, the motherboard video ports will not provide video output regardless of BIOS settings.

    Reference:

    Troubleshoot external monitor connections in Windows | Microsoft Support

    If you find it useful, please click Accept Answer.

    Thank you for choosing Microsoft Q&A.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.