Windows 10 version 1909 to 22H2

Mike 0 Reputation points
2026-10-04T20:42:35.4933333+00:00

Hi,

For complicated reasons, I need to upgrade an old version of Windows 10 version 1909 to 22H2.

I have tried the upgrade option on the Microsoft site.

Also the download ISO option, either to the PC or as installation media.

Tried it disconnected from the internet as well.

Nothing works despite plenty of info on the web claiming that it might.

It always gets to the stage where it would restart the computer and then just goes off returning back to the desktop.

I have read that upgrading in stages from 1909 to others prior to 22H2, then to 22H2 might work but obviously cannot find other than 22H2.

May I ask Microsoft, is this actually possible please?

Thanks.

Mike.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Dio Xavier 296.7K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2026-10-04T21:19:24.9133333+00:00

    Hello.

    Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Community.

    Good evening. What error message is being reported? Did you run Windows Update to check for updates for version 1909 before migrating to 22H2?

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.