My account has been locked

Daniel Bond 0 Reputation points
2026-10-04T20:32:59.1033333+00:00

I am trying to play Minecraft Dungeons and when I go to sign into my Microsoft account it says I'm locked and have to due it through a browser. I do that and I verify I am human. It says account has been unlocked, I hit the continue button and it immediately brings me to the "My account is locked" screen again. I can't log into support to resolve this because it is locked. I have 2FA on so I cannot use the account recovery. I've had this account for years, played many a game on it, and had to go to this sub account to even post this. I go the AI chat bots and they can never seemingly connect me to someone real and all they do is tell me the same thing about going to the support page. I literally cannot use it because I cannot access my account. So this is a last resort, I have nothing left after this. I don't want to lose this and I cannot overstate that enough. Please, can someone real contact me about this. The account email is [Moderator Note: Personal Info Removed]@hotmail.com, please help me. I'm just confused why it tells me its unlocked and then immediately says that its locked again.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. Chloe-V 13,460 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-05T02:01:27.36+00:00

    Hi @Daniel Bond

    Please note that our forum is a public platform, and we will modify your question to hide your personal information in the description. Kindly ensure that you hide any personal or organizational information the next time you post an error or other details to protect personal data.

    I’m truly sorry you’re experiencing this. I understand how upsetting it must be to lose access to an account you have used for years, especially when it contains your gaming history, purchases, and other important information.

    Because two-step verification is enabled, Microsoft requires access to one of the verification methods already registered on the account or a previously generated recovery code. If you cannot access any of these methods, the standard recovery form cannot bypass this protection. Microsoft Support agents are also unable to disable two-step verification, change the security information, or manually restore access.

    You may still contact Microsoft Support using another Microsoft account and ask them to confirm whether any verification option remains available.

    • Go to Contact Microsoft Support.
    • Select Show expanded list of products.
    • Choose Outlook > Get Home support.
    • Search for Account Recovery, then select Get Help > Contact Support.
    • Sign in with another Microsoft account if you cannot access the affected account.
    • Ask our Support Assistant > Type "Talk to live chat agent" > Contact Support
    • Select Other Products > Manage Account Security > Chat with a support agent via web browser.

    However, if Support confirms that no registered verification method or recovery code is available, the account cannot be recovered. In that situation, you will unfortunately need to create a new Microsoft account and use it for Microsoft services going forward.

    Please note that this is a user-to-user support forum. Moderators, contributors including external Microsoft employees cannot directly intervene in Microsoft product features or access back-end systems. Our role is limited to providing technical guidance on reported issues, requests, or ideas only.

    Thank you for your understanding. 


    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.  

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.