Missing chats from legacy CoPilot's PROJECTs feature in new CoPilot app

Russell Green 0 Reputation points
2026-10-04T20:23:24.61+00:00

All my chats stored in https://copilot.microsoft.com/ were not migrated (yet) to the new https://copilot.cloud.microsoft/ environment. This applies for the (iOS) apps as well: I have two apps - the legacy CoPilot app showing my older chats in a PROJECTS folder, and the new one, showing a NOTEBOOKS folder but without any content. Of course I signed in with the same MSA on both apps / all devices.

I did find the ability to download the old chat history under https://account.microsoft.com/privacy/copilotas a CSV, but that means I'm missing out on a lot of chat details.

Does anyone know if this issue is being resolved or any feasible workaround?

Microsoft Copilot | Windows Copilot | Copilot+ PC
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Kai-H 27,975 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-05T08:31:19.97+00:00

    Hi, Russell Green

    I can see why the CSV export is frustrating when the full Project conversations are what you need. Projects should appear as Notebooks in the updated Copilot app, but the migration guidance also acknowledges that chats and content may not appear immediately. I couldn’t find a published date for when a missing account’s chats will show up.

    Here are some suggestions you can try:

    Since you’ve already confirmed the same personal account, open Notebooks in the new app and check for any message offering access to your older chats. Then fully close and reopen both iOS apps, and refresh the new web experience. These are the checks listed for content that is still moving.

    For important conversations still visible in the legacy app, save the details you need separately while you can. Keep the CSV as a backup, but don’t treat it as a way to restore the chats into Notebooks.

    If the Notebooks remain empty across web and iOS, use … > Send feedback > Report a problem in the new app. Include screenshots of the old Projects and empty Notebooks, when you noticed the change, and that you used the same account. That gives the team a specific migration issue to investigate.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.