Edge often doesn't count time using it

Dan Quapp 0 Reputation points
2026-10-04T20:02:46.5866667+00:00

Recently Edge has become worse at tracking me using it. I used it ~5+ hours a few days ago, most with my VPN off and I was signed in, got points for searching, but not even 5 minutes tracked using it.

So far at least 3 hours, no VPN, and no minutes recorded. I'm reading papers and staying on pages for several minutes at a time.

I think I had around 5/7 around a week ago, then as it was getting late and no minutes recorded despite using it most of the day. Did everything I could think of to try to "trick" the system/do whatever because using it correctly didn't work, so wanted to find what was going on and if somehow, maybe I did something weird that counted everything else by time using it.

Now as I started typing this, Rewards started recording my time using it. Didn't change anything.

Thank You & Best

Bing | Microsoft Rewards
Bing | Microsoft Rewards

A program that grants points for using Bing search, which users can redeem for gift cards, sweepstakes entries, or charitable donations.

0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. AI answer

    2026-10-04T20:02:59.3466667+00:00

    Common causes for Microsoft Rewards time- or activity-based tracking issues include:

    1. VPN or market mismatch Rewards may fail to track activity if usage appears to come from outside the current market. Even intermittent VPN use can affect tracking.
    2. Different account or sync issues If Edge is signed in but browser data is not syncing correctly with the Rewards database, activity may not register consistently.
    3. Time zone or clock issues Rewards streaks and some activity tracking can be affected by device time zone differences. Microsoft also notes that changing system time or having an inaccurate clock can cause issues with browser session behavior.
    4. Delayed or inconsistent updates Similar Rewards reports indicate progress can sometimes be delayed before it appears.

    Practical checks:

    1. Stay signed in to the same Microsoft account used for Rewards.
    2. Keep the VPN off for all Rewards activity.
    3. Verify the device time and time zone:
      • Open Settings > Time & language > Date & time
      • Turn on Set time automatically
      • Turn on Set time zone automatically
      • Select Sync now
    4. If tracking seems stuck, clear browser cache and cookies, then sign in again.
    5. If the issue continues, submit a request to Microsoft Rewards Support so account activity can be reviewed.

    References:

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.