Outlook says I have topped my 15 gb of email storage. I'm part of a Microsoft 365 Family Suscription.

Jorge Cucalón Fadul 0 Reputation points
2026-10-04T16:06:30.97+00:00

Isn't the email storage quota supposed to be larger than the free 15 gb limit?

I can't find a way to solve this problem and I need to receive important emails.

I'm not going to delete years of emails right now (it takes time to review the important ones), I just want this to work as its supposed to as a paying customer.

There's no way for me to chat with a Microsoft rep.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Email
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Jhun Buala 5,890 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-04T16:54:58.76+00:00

    Hi Jorge,

    Good day. If you're using Outlook.com with a Microsoft 365 Family subscription, you shouldn't be stuck with the free 15 GB mailbox limit. Microsoft 365 Family includes up to 100 GB of mailbox storage per person.

    So dont start deleting emails yet. Check first whether the Family subscription is being applied to the correct Microsoft account.

    1. Sign in to the Microsoft account that's showing the 15 GB warning and go to Services & subscriptions.
    2. Make sure Microsoft 365 Family is listed there. If someone else owns the subscription, make sure you've accepted their Family invitation using this same account.
    3. In Outlook.com, go to Settings > Account > Storage and check what mailbox limit is shown.

    By the way, don't confuse the 15 GB Microsoft storage limit with your Outlook mailbox limit. Microsoft 365 Family provides 100 GB for Outlook mail and 1 TB of OneDrive storage per person.

    If your Family subscription is active but Outlook still shows only 15 GB, something isn't being applied correctly to the account. You don't wanna delete important emails just to work around that. At that point, Microsoft Support should check the subscription entitlement on the account and correct it.

    Regards,
    Jhun

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.