I keep getting VCRUNTIME140_APP.dll and VCRUNTIME140_1_APP.dll errors

Brennan Couser 0 Reputation points
2026-10-04T14:08:27.3+00:00

So, as the title says, I am having a hell of a time trying to fix this error (also error 403, but thats another post)

I have done everything from installing the dll's, going into appwiz (or whatever it's called) deleting EVERYTHING relating to the 140.dll's and then redownloading them, I have repaired, uninstalled from the folder application and reinstalled from there. I'm at my wits end.

Done anyone have ANY sort of idea as to what I can do to fix this at home?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Ramesh 182.1K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2026-10-04T14:13:29.3766667+00:00

    Hi @Brennan Couser

    The modules are used by Store apps. Please post a screenshot of the error message.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.