I think my account has been hacked.

artemis artemis 0 Reputation points
2026-10-04T13:19:21.1533333+00:00

So earlier today I was just playing games, and when I took about a few hours of rest and wanted to play again I noticed the my Microsoft account primary email has been changed to some random unfamiliar email. I then tried to sign in to my Microsoft account then it said "The Microsoft account you've entered does not exist". I was really shocked to find out about this so I went everywhere and searched for this same exact problem, mind you that I have NO access over the account whatsoever since I was logged out after the email got changed, so I was looking everywhere and I eventually stumbled upon this Q&A page.

Please help me anyone who can, I would appreciate it SO MUCH

I have bought many valuable stuff under that email so any help would be so appreciated

Thank you.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Security and privacy
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. DaveM121 937K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-04T13:53:14.4333333+00:00

    Your description of the problem does indicate your account has been hacked, did you try to join a Discord or Minecraft server before this problem occurred, that is the usual method the hackers use.

    I wish I had better news for you, this forum is just a user to user forum, to protect users, no-one here has any account access, when a Microsoft account is hacked, if the hackers change the associated data like the Email, then that account is usually no longer recoverable, try using the process they provide on this link to recover a hacked account, if this process is not successful, sadly, that account cannot be recovered.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/how-to-recover-a-hacked-or-compromised-microsoft-account-24ca907d-bcdf-a44b-4656-47f0cd89c245

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.