I think my microsoft account got hacked and this is my alt account

Knightoro 0 Reputation points
2026-10-04T13:17:52.9166667+00:00

I tried to login to my microsoft account but it says that it doesnt exist and when i tried to recover, it also says that it cant recognize the microsoft account. This happened after I join a discord server and do the verfication with my microsoft account and put the code to verify. I hope microsoft support team will help me with this issue asap!

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Security and privacy
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. DaveM121 937.2K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-04T13:51:08.4133333+00:00

    This is a widely reported scam on Discord joining a server, that verification code gave them full access to your account and they immediately change the recovery details like the associated Email to block you from accessing the account.

    I wish I had better news, but when a Microsoft account is hacked, if the hackers change the associated Email or if 2FA is enabled on the account, then that account is usually no longer recoverable, this forum is just a user to user account and no-one here has any account access, try using the process they provide on this link to recover a hacked account, if this process is not successful, sadly, that account cannot be recovered.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/how-to-recover-a-hacked-or-compromised-microsoft-account-24ca907d-bcdf-a44b-4656-47f0cd89c245

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.