How to move my Office Package from an old laptop to a new one?

Tor Odde 0 Reputation points
2026-10-04T09:53:07.0166667+00:00

The Office package was bought together with the laptop more than 7 years ago. The old laptop is an ASUS and was bought in Italy while I was working there.

The new laptop is an Lenovo and was bought in Norway approx 1 month ago.

I understand the Office package is a "life-time" buy and I need it on my new computer.

Thank you.

Best reagrds,

Tor

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. DaveM121 937K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-04T10:27:27.3133333+00:00

    When you first activated Office that licence should have become associated to your Microsoft Account as a digital licence online and it is from there that you can re-install Office without the need for a product key:

    https://account.microsoft.com/services/

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.