My Microsoft account was compromised and I cannot access security settings

mercan vayısoğlu 0 Reputation points
2026-10-04T09:40:51.5533333+00:00

Hello,

I believe my Microsoft account has been compromised.

I can still receive verification codes on my recovery email address and enter them successfully. However, when I try to access security settings or recover the account, I am asked for a passkey that I do not recognize.

Phone verification is currently unavailable, and I cannot manage or change my security information.

The account is still signed in on my PC, but I am afraid of losing access completely.

What is the best way to recover my account and remove unauthorized security methods?

Thank you.

I still have active sessions on my PC and can provide information about previous passwords, account activity, and recovery email ownership if needed.

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Authenticator
0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.