How do I turn off Copilot? (Office for Mac)

Neola Caveny 0 Reputation points
2026-10-03T22:13:13.4366667+00:00

It keeps popping up when I'm typing a document - VERY annoying!!!


Moderator note: thread updated with operating system (macOS)

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | Other | MacOS
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Stefan Blom 353.8K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2026-10-04T09:22:08.91+00:00

    It's a Mac, personal account, floating colored icon on the right side. I want to disable it completely - I'm an excellent writer and it's driving me nuts!

    Thanks for the update on the operating system. See https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/privacy/turn-off-copilot-in-microsoft-365-apps . The screen shot below is from the article.

    User's image

    Was this answer helpful?


  2. Manoel Barros 22,055 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-04T00:23:32.9966667+00:00

    Hi!
    Are you using Word on Mac, Windows, or Android?

    Is your account personal, corporate, or for students?

    What exactly appears? A floating button in the corner, an icon in the left margin, or the text "Draft with Copilot" at the top of a blank page?

    Do you want to disable Copilot completely or just get the button out of the way?

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.