Urgent: Copilot Chat History Missing After Upgrade to New Copilot App

Todd Gantzer 0 Reputation points
2026-10-03T22:01:15.3466667+00:00

Hello Microsoft Support,

After upgrading to the new Copilot app, I lost access to my entire Copilot chat history.

Prior to the upgrade, I had a significant number of conversations stored in Copilot. Following the upgrade, my previous chats no longer appear in the chat history.

I am signed in with the same Microsoft account that I used before the upgrade. I have already tried:

  • Signing out and back in
  • Restarting the Copilot app
  • Accessing Copilot through the web browser
  • Checking that I am using the correct Microsoft account

The chat history is still missing.

According to Microsoft's documentation, chats and content should automatically move to the updated Copilot experience. I need assistance recovering my missing conversations and confirming whether my chat history still exists on Microsoft's servers.

Please investigate my account and advise:

  1. Whether my chat history can be restored.
  2. Whether there are any migration or synchronization issues affecting my account.
  3. Whether the chat data is still available and recoverable.
  4. If there is a way to manually trigger a resync of my Copilot content.

These conversations contain important information, and I would appreciate urgent assistance.

Thank you.Hello Microsoft Support,

After upgrading to the new Copilot app, I lost access to my entire Copilot chat history.

Prior to the upgrade, I had a significant number of conversations stored in Copilot. Following the upgrade, my previous chats no longer appear in the chat history.

I am signed in with the same Microsoft account that I used before the upgrade. I have already tried:

  • Signing out and back in
  • Restarting the Copilot app
  • Accessing Copilot through the web browser
  • Checking that I am using the correct Microsoft account

The chat history is still missing.

According to Microsoft's documentation, chats and content should automatically move to the updated Copilot experience. I need assistance recovering my missing conversations and confirming whether my chat history still exists on Microsoft's servers.

Please investigate my account and advise:

  1. Whether my chat history can be restored.
  2. Whether there are any migration or synchronization issues affecting my account.
  3. Whether the chat data is still available and recoverable.
  4. If there is a way to manually trigger a resync of my Copilot content.

These conversations contain important information, and I would appreciate urgent assistance.

Thank you.

Microsoft Copilot | Other
0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.