Account Escalation Request process. How to contact Microsoft Account Safety Team?

Øystein Eriksen 0 Reputation points
2026-10-03T21:01:05.1433333+00:00

Hi,

My sons Microsoft account was hacked. He is a member of my Microsoft Family Safety group.

I have submitted two Account Escalation Request forms. For both submissions, I received an email with a reference number (SIRxxxxxx) requesting additional information. I replied to these emails as instructed.

My question is: What happens after sending the requested information?

Should I receive a confirmation email such as “we have received your reply”? I did not receive any confirmation, so I have no way of knowing whether my responses were received or processed.

For the first case, I sent the requested information on September 30. The next day (October 1), I remembered some additional details and replied again. Shortly after, I received an automated message stating:

“This case was previously closed as it was either resolved or closed due to non-response after multiple contact attempts. In both situations, a closure email explaining the reason would have been sent to you. If you require further assistance, please open a new case by visiting hxxps://support.microsoft.com/.”

The issue is that I never received any closure email, even though the message claims one was sent. The case also cannot have been closed due to non‑response:

  • Form submitted: September 29 (evening)
  • First reply: September 30
  • Additional information: October 1
  • Closure notification: October 1

I have contacted Microsoft through several support channels to understand why the case was closed and who the closure email was supposedly sent to, but no one has been able to answer. Every support agent refers me to the Microsoft Account Safety Team, yet no one can tell me how to contact them. As far as I can find, they have no email address, no form, no direct contact method.

This leaves me in a situation where:

  • My case was closed without explanation
  • I received no closure email
  • I cannot reach the team responsible
  • Other support channels cannot escalate or contact them internally

So my question is simply:

How can I contact the Microsoft Account Safety Team?

I need a reliable way to reach them so my case can be reviewed properly.

Hope someone can help.

ØE

Microsoft 365 and Office | Microsoft Family Safety | For home | Windows
0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.