Help restoring my Office 365 Outlook Calendar

Kimberly Mynatt 0 Reputation points
2026-10-03T19:53:43.3266667+00:00

I use Outlook for my emails, contacts and calendar. I was having issues with my gmail folders not deleting. I followed the various steps, but nothing worked so the last step was delete the email and readd it. When I did that, I've lost my entire Outlook calendar! I logged into Google and restored what is on my phone but there were a lot of things I had on Outlook that are missing, including some of my conditional formatting to add colors to various appointments. I logged into my iCloud account to restore calendar but there is nothing there to restore. I am trying various other things suggested but nothing is matching up. I have Office 365 and Classic Outlook. Help! I need to recover missing appointments that weren't on my iPhone.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Chloe-V 13,460 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-04T01:56:31.9566667+00:00

    Hi @Kimberly Mynatt

    I’m sorry to hear that your calendar appointments disappeared after removing and re-adding the Gmail account. I understand how important those appointments and calendar settings are.

    In Classic Outlook, calendar items associated with a Gmail account may sometimes be stored locally in an Outlook data file rather than synchronized to Google Calendar or iCloud. This could explain why only the appointments available on your phone were restored.

    Before making any further changes, please close Outlook and make a backup copy of any .pst or .ost files you find. Then try the following:

    • Open Control Panel > Mail > Show Profiles and check whether the previous Outlook profile is still available. If it is, open Outlook using that profile and check the Calendar.
    • In Outlook, go to File > Account Settings > Account Settings > Data Files and note the listed data-file locations.
    • Select File > Open & Export > Open Outlook Data File, then look for an older .pst file or archive.pst. Common locations include Documents\Outlook Files and AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook.
    • Check the Deleted Items folder. If available, select Home > Recover Deleted Items From Server and look for the missing appointments. This option depends on the account type.
    • Check Windows File History, OneDrive backup, or Previous Versions for an older copy of the Outlook data file.

    Please do not delete the current Outlook profile or any .pst or .ost files while checking. Conditional formatting and appointment colors may be Outlook view settings, so they might not return when restoring appointments from Google or an iPhone.

    I hope you can locate the previous Outlook profile or data file and recover the missing calendar items.


    If the answer is helpful, please click "Yes". If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".   

    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.  

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.