I have not needed to consider 'regional setting factors' or separators this century with Microsoft software. Alt+F9 produces no result. What key is 'Fn'?
I am in the UK using Windows 11 and Office365 (regularly and automatically updated) running under that.
I am an experienced user of Office. I do not, however, have a degree in computer science. Increasingly, that seems to be essential to get a tune out of the complex and fragile systems users are expected to put up with. Sorry to rant. It's not your fault. But this sort of thing is now wasting hours of my time, every week!
These days many keyboards have a special Fn ("Function") key which alters the behavior of the F1–F12 keys which are located at the top of your keyboard. Many PC manufacturers "hijack" the F1–F12 keys for functions such as changing contrast, and therefore the Fn key must often be added when you invoke a shortcut.
The Fn key should be located next to the Ctrl key on a standard PC keyboard.
Pressing Alt+Fn+F9 will reveal field codes. The TOC field (see also Jay's reply) displays something like this:

My system is using Swedish regional settings, which is why the semicolon is used for the custom style (between the style name and the level number). In the UK, you likely have the comma. Anyone who shares files with other countries may be affected by regional settings in field codes (and also by localized names of styles, etc.). :-)