Printer not Recognized

Jennifer Bradley 0 Reputation points
2026-10-03T18:36:53.93+00:00

My Windows 11 no longer recognizes my printer and when I go to Settings and try to add it Windows is unable to find it. Same port, same printer that I was using last week. I can't even add it manually.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Settings
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Ivan B 124.7K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-03T19:09:37.2833333+00:00

    Hi,

    What is the printer model?

    Is it connected via Wi-Fi or USB?

    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?


  2. GTS-NJ 1,000 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2026-10-03T20:45:44.68+00:00

    Windows 11 had been disabling some printers if Windows Protected mode (WPP) is enabled and the printer doesn't support it. (related to recent updates)

    Check in Settings / Bluetooth and devices / Printers & scanners and Turn Off WPP if it is enabled. You may then need to reinstall the printer.

    https://www.elevenforum.com/t/enable-or-disable-windows-protected-print-mode-in-windows-11.20670/

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.