Microsoft Exam Retake Policy

Thomas Garcia 1 Reputation point
2026-10-03T17:27:57.35+00:00

I need some clarification regarding the retake waiting period for an exam . I took an exam twice in 2023 and did not pass. I then attempted the same exam again on October 1, 2026. (once).

Since the previous two attempts occurred more than 12 months ago, could you please clarify whether my October 1, 2026 attempt should be considered the first attempt of a new 12-month period for purposes of the retake waiting policy?

I received a message in pearson vue stating "New : Microsoft policy requires 14 days between appointments when taking an exam that has been passed previously. This candidate has passed this exam 3 time and 14 days has not yet passed since the last appointment. The appointment must be on or after 15 Oct 2026".

This was after waiting 24 hours to attempt a 2nd try.

However, I have not passed this exam three times. Not sure if there's a glitch or there's a life time policy for exams until having to wait 12 months to start over. I assumed over a few years it would reset.

Community Center | Not monitored
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. Gérard Oomens 132.6K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2026-10-03T18:14:04.51+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.