Request for Refund of Duplicate Microsoft Subscriptions

richard birchenall 0 Reputation points
2026-10-03T15:40:24.7166667+00:00

Dear Microsoft Support,I recently discovered that I have been charged for standalone Excel and PowerPoint subscriptions while also maintaining an active Microsoft 365 Family subscription.Microsoft 365 Family already includes access to Excel and PowerPoint, so I did not knowingly intend to maintain separate paid subscriptions for these products. As a result, I believe I have been paying for overlapping services that duplicated functionality already provided under my Family subscription.I would be grateful if you could review my account, confirm the dates and charges relating to the standalone Excel and PowerPoint subscriptions, and consider a refund for the duplicate subscription payments.I have now cancelled the unnecessary subscriptions as soon as I became aware of the issue.

Thank you for your assistance. I look forward to your response.Kind regards

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | Other | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. EmilyS726 270.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-03T16:21:38.91+00:00

    Microsoft actually doesn't sell standalone Excel or PowerPoint subscriptions?

    Do you see that in your account actually at https://account.live.com > Subscriptions or Order History? If so, you cancel it from there.

    But if you don't see that in your account, any chance you purchased it from a third party reseller, such as Google Play on your Android device, or Apple App Store on your iOS device? If so, you need to cancel it with them, and request your refund from them since billing is processed by them.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.