How do I fix & Repair mising Word links & docs that have disapeard from my desk top or inaccessible old files?

JOEL STEWART 0 Reputation points
2026-10-03T15:26:28.68+00:00

My WORD Icon shortcut has gone from desktop and I'm also no longer able to access any of my old WORD docs - How do I fix this having tried the 'Repair' function with no luck?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For education | Windows

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Stefan Blom 353.7K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2026-10-03T15:32:15.42+00:00

    Can you start Word from the Windows Start menu? You can look in the alphabetical list of apps or you can open the Start menu and start typing Word:

    User's image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.