Hello,
I am experiencing an issue with publishing a single post to multiple channels simultaneously in Microsoft Teams. This functionality previously worked correctly, but it has recently stopped functioning as expected.
When composing a new post and using the option to select additional channels, the option itself remains available, and the current channel ("General") is displayed in the field. Previously, when I typed the name of a team, the dropdown list offered the "General" channel of every team whose name contained that text. This no longer happens. Now the search returns only channels from other teams whose own channel name contains the entered text. The "General" channels of teams whose team name contains the entered text do not appear at all. If no channel name matches, the dropdown displays only "We couldn't find any matches," even though I am a member of those teams.
Summary of the problem:
The option to post to multiple channels is still visible, so the feature itself appears to be available.
The search matches only channel names and ignores team names.
The "General" channels of other teams never appear in the results, so I am unable to select them.
Could you please advise whether this may be caused by a recent update, a permission or policy change, or a known issue? If there is a recommended solution or workaround, I would be grateful for any guidance.
Thank you in advance for your assistance.