How do I restore Print Screen

Anne Dettmer 0 Reputation points
2026-10-03T00:47:04.0533333+00:00

I am sick and tired of Microsoft changing my keyboard shortcuts, I don't want this stupid sniping thing I want Print Screen - how do I restore it. I am writing a client report and you have really made life difficult for me. I am tired I do not want to sit here for hours trying to work out how to do it. I loathe the conceit of Microsoft.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Settings
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. SD - IA 180.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-03T03:21:42.3066667+00:00

    Hi,

    Please go to Settings by pressing the Windows key + I > Bluetooth & devices > Keyboard.

    Turn off the slider for Use the Print screen key to open screen capture as indicated in the Image to solve this.

    User's image

    I hope this information helps. If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to reach out. Wishing you good luck!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. AI answer

    2026-10-03T00:47:19.3333333+00:00

    To restore the classic Print Screen behavior in Windows 11:

    1. Open Settings with Windows key + I.
    2. Go to Accessibility.
    3. Select Keyboard.
    4. Find Use the Print screen key to open screen capture.
    5. Turn that setting Off.

    After that, pressing PrtScn will copy the full screen to the clipboard again, and it can be pasted with Ctrl + V into Word, Paint, email, or another app.

    If only the current window is needed, use Alt + PrtScn.

    If the setting is enabled and the preferred behavior is screen snipping instead, Windows also supports that from Start > Settings > Ease of Access > Keyboard by turning on the Print Screen shortcut setting.


    References:

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.