iCloud email sub folders not visible in outlook

Jill Hoblin 0 Reputation points
2026-10-02T16:34:18.5766667+00:00

Hello - I have just installed outlook and managed to link my iCloud email address so I can see all emails in one place, BUT I cannot see the iCloud sub folders - they do exist as I can see them on my phone. I am using a PC. Please help

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Emma1-N 13,430 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-02T23:33:20.8933333+00:00

    Welcome Jill Hoblin,

    Thank you for posting to Microsoft Q&A.

    To better understand the issue, could you please confirm:

    • Are the missing folders mail folders that you created under your iCloud mailbox, or are they folders created in another account?
    • Did you add the iCloud account directly to New Outlook, or are you using Apple's iCloud for Windows app?

    In the meantime, please try these quick checks:

    • In New Outlook, expand the iCloud account completely by selecting the arrow next to the mailbox name.
    • Right-click the iCloud mailbox and look for an option such as "Show all folders" or refresh the account.
    • Sign in to iCloud Mail on the web and confirm the folders are visible there as well.
    • Open Settings > "Accounts" > "Email accounts", select your iCloud account, and verify that it is connected successfully.

    You mentioned IMAP. New Outlook manages the connection automatically, so you typically will not see the traditional IMAP settings that were available in classic Outlook.

    For more information, see: Change or update email account settings in Outlook for Windows

    Looking forward to your update.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.