Microsoft Office 2024 Code Redemption says service unavailable

Dustin Lenz 0 Reputation points
2026-10-02T16:15:54.1666667+00:00

I have bought a code for Microsoft office 2024 from a third party and uninstalled my 2019 version. When I redeem the code on setup.office.com it allows me through and asks what language I want and if i want 32 or 64 bit. I select 64 bit and it says service unavailable every time.

I have tried:

  • clearing my cache
  • Incognito mode
  • different browser

None of these suggested fixes have worked. Where do I go from here?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | Other | Windows
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. EmilyS_726 30,260 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2026-10-02T16:48:30.7333333+00:00

    what is the product's precise name?

    Is it Office Home 2024, or Office Pro Plus, LTSC, Standard by chance?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. DaveM121 936.6K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-02T16:51:13.1866667+00:00

    The 'Service Unavailable' usually indicates there is a problem with the Office licence.

    What version of Office 2024 did you purchase, is that Office Home or is it a version like LTSC, Standard or Professional Plus?

    If the licence you purchased is Office 2024 LTSC, Standard or Pro plus, then that is a volume licence version of Office used by large organizations, it is not a correct consumer Office licence and you will not be able to use that licence, you will need to contact the retailer to get a refund for your purchase, they should not be selling that type of Office licence to the general public.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.