NEED HUMAN HELP - Can't log into Microsoft 365 admin center

Mika M 0 Reputation points
2026-10-02T15:21:19.04+00:00

I need human help. I have paid for a Microsoft 365 app subscription for business, but I can't log into the admin center. I also can't get the help I need calling customer support. I CAN'T SPEND ANOTHER WASTED HOUR ON THIS PROBLEM! The customer service experience is atrocious. At this point, I just want my money back. I have paid for something I can't use, I can't get help with it, I can't reach a person. This is ridiculous.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For business | MacOS
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Lin v 1,545 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-02T15:46:57.95+00:00

    Hi Mika,

    I completely understand how challenging it is to pay for a Microsoft 365 Business subscription and then be unable to access the admin center or obtain the assistance you need.

    Based on your description, one possibility is that the subscription is associated with a work account, while you may be attempting to sign in with a personal Microsoft account. To rule this out, please try signing in to the Microsoft 365 Admin Center using the work account that was created when the subscription was first purchased. This account is often referenced in the original welcome email from Microsoft and may include an "onmicrosoft.com" address.

    To help identify the correct account, you may also wish to review the purchase confirmation or welcome email and verify the account details that were used during the initial setup.

    Should the issue persist while using the correct work account, or in case the problem involves multi-factor authentication (MFA), you may consider contacting Customer Support (work account) again and following the script below to help navigate the automated phone system more effectively.

    • IVR: What problem is bothering you?
    • Client: Lost access to the only admin account
    • IVR: What product do you use?
    • Customer: Office 365 for business
    • IVR: School or Business Account?
    • Client: Companies
    • IVR: Are you an administrator?
    • Client: Yes
    • IVR: Is there another administrator in your organization?
    • Client: No. I am the only admin in my tenant    
    • IVR: Do you need to create a support ticket?
    • Client: Yes. I need to create a ticket. Please send me directly to the Data Protection Team.

    Since this is a community forum, I unfortunately don't have access to your subscription, tenant information, or account details. For security reasons, only Microsoft's Data Protection team can assist with account ownership and certain tenant access issues.

    After access is restored, you can create a separate support ticket with the billing team from the original tenant to discuss your options for cancelling the subscription and requesting a refund review, if needed.

    I hope the information provided will help guide you in the right direction.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.