Workspace Transform Data Collection Rule for Log Analytics Workspace on Diagnosic Settings on (e.g. Azure FrontDoor)

steinfin 0 Reputation points
2026-10-02T09:45:48.0666667+00:00

I'm trying to setup a Diagnostic Setting on a Azure Front Door resource to emit logs to a Log Analytics Workspace. However the loglines may contain PII, and we host in Europe, so I want to cover my bases to be GDPR compliant - so I need to transform the lines on Ingestion.

AFAICT, the workspace transforms Data Collection Rules, can provide this functionality. I manage to transform log lines from Blob Storage which uses a dedicated table, but for Azure Front Door the log lines go to AzureDiagnostic Table, and the DCR rules applied for that Data Flow doesn't seem to apply.

  • Can one not perform data minimization on Azure FrontDoor resource diagnostic settings logs at all?
    • If not; is there any other mechanism than diagnostic settings on front door that allow us to log url redirection and caching?
Azure Monitor
Azure Monitor

An Azure service that is used to collect, analyze, and act on telemetry data from Azure and on-premises environments.

0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.