SEVERE PROBLEM WITH SENDING IMPORTANT EMAIL

Bonnie L. Lane 0 Reputation points
2026-10-02T06:11:41.06+00:00

I am a BOARD Member of Dance Club Shenandoah. I was writing (trying to) to a fellow BOARD MEMBER about a URL problem we are having with our Dance Club Shenandoah Webpage on Facebook. I was repeatedly getting a Undeliverable notification for each email that I tried to send, and would then be told to try again, which I did. I finally NOTICED that these EMAILS were being IDENTIFIED AS SPAM, WHICH THEY CERTAINLY WERE NOT!!! I AM REALLY STEAMED for a totally ruined evening on something that really needed to be DISCUSSED! I was finally able to contact the other Board Member through Messenger. I am NOT AT ALL happy with my Outlook email service right now. If you had READ what my email was talking about, you certainly would have realized that THIS MESSAGE WAS SERIOUS AND LEGITIMATE, DEFINITELY NOT SPAM!!! This problem needs to be fixed!!!

[moderator's note: PII removed]

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home
0 comments No comments

5 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Vikki-T 11,870 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-02T10:42:06.1166667+00:00

    For your privacy and security, I have covered the personal information included in your post. Please avoid sharing any personal or sensitive information publicly, such as serial numbers, order details, email addresses, phone numbers, or case-related information.


    Hi Bonnie L. Lane,

    I understand how disruptive this was, especially when you were trying to send a time-sensitive and legitimate message to another board member.

    An Undeliverable notice stating that a message was identified as spam does not necessarily mean that the message was actually spam or that your account has been permanently marked as a spam account. It means that the message triggered an automated filtering check. This can sometimes happen when similar messages are sent repeatedly or to several recipients within a short period, or when certain links or other elements in the message are flagged.

    To narrow down the cause, please open one of the delivery-failure messages, scroll to Diagnostic information for administrators, and let me know the complete error code shown there, such as 533 5.4.0 or 550 5.7.x. Please remove any email addresses or other personal information before posting it publicly. Also, before the issue began, had you sent the same or a similar message to several recipients within a short period?

    In the meantime, please try the following:

    • Sign in directly at Outlook.com and send a short test message containing plain text only.
    • Temporarily remove the Facebook URL, signature, images, and attachments, then test again.
    • Manually type the recipient’s full address instead of selecting it from Outlook’s Auto-Complete list.
    • Check your Microsoft account’s recent activity and Sent Items for anything unfamiliar, since unusual account activity can sometimes affect sending.
    • If the plain-text message works, add the original content back gradually to identify what is triggering the filter.

    You can also review Microsoft’s guidance for failed delivery messages.

    If the same error occurs in both Classic Outlook and Outlook.com, even with a simple plain-text message, the issue may require account-level review. Please contact Microsoft Support, describe the problem as “My legitimate Outlook.com messages are being returned as undeliverable and identified as spam”, and provide the complete error code from the delivery report. If the Support Assistant appears, enter “I need to speak with a live support agent about an Outlook.com email delivery issue.”

    Please note that this is a user-to-user support forum. Contributors here cannot access your account, review the server-side filtering decision, or remove a sending restriction directly. Thank you so much for your understanding.   


    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.

    Was this answer helpful?


  2. Bonnie L. Lane 0 Reputation points
    2026-10-03T16:10:10.9666667+00:00

    We submitted the diagnostic information requested, and have not heard back about what exactly prompted the blocking of my email first email, then repeated emails, from going through to the fellow board member. I was so upset, I didn't want to go to bed without some notification of this problem. Therefore, I corresponded with this board member by Messenger at about 1:30 a.m. Friday morning. Luckily, we are "friends" on Facebook, and I was able to report to her about the problem of our dance club's URL address showing "can't be found", when it clearly was and is a correct link address that I posted. I had written a post on MY Facebook page about our big upcoming October dance, and when I checked my post to see if it would link to the club's Facebook page, I got the unexpected "couldn't be found" message, which was clearly upsetting. In trying to tell my fellow Board member about this, somehow this triggered the "spam" problem, and I still don't know why? I haven't sent another message to this member since, other than my Messenger correspondence. I am totally confused about why this event happened. I did, repeatedly then, tried to resend the email to her after the initial blocking, because I was told to resend it. But what prompted the "FIRST" failure ... I still don't understand? Further, the failure of our dance club's link to at times not work, not connect, is that a Microsoft problem, a Chrome problem (which I am using,) or a Facebook problem? Do you know? Also, my Spellcheck isn't working correctly at times ... isn't coming up. And as I am typing, some of the letters disappear off the page, and I have to hit the space bar or some other place on my keyboard to get them to reappear! This is so frustrating and started a couple of weeks ago. To say the least, I am having problems with my Microsoft Outlook account.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Bonnie L. Lane 0 Reputation points
    2026-10-03T16:15:27.75+00:00

    We submitted the diagnostic information requested, and have not heard back about what exactly prompted the blocking of my email first email, then repeated emails, from going through to the fellow board member. I was so upset, I didn't want to go to bed without some notification of this problem. Therefore, I corresponded with this board member by Messenger at about 1:30 a.m. Friday morning. Luckily, we are "friends" on Facebook, and I was able to report to her about the problem of our dance club's URL address showing "can't be found", when it clearly was and is a correct link address that I posted. I had written a post on MY Facebook page about our big upcoming October dance, and when I checked my post to see if it would link to the club's Facebook page, I got the unexpected "couldn't be found" message, which was clearly upsetting. In trying to tell my fellow Board member about this, somehow this triggered the "spam" problem, and I still don't know why? I haven't sent another message to this member since, other than my Messenger correspondence. I am totally confused about why this event happened. I did, repeatedly then, tried to resend the email to her after the initial blocking, because I was told to resend it. But what prompted the "FIRST" failure ... I still don't understand? Further, the failure of our dance club's link to at times not work, not connect, is that a Microsoft problem, a Chrome problem (which I am using,) or a Facebook problem? Do you know? Also, my Spellcheck isn't working correctly at times ... isn't coming up. And as I am typing, some of the letters disappear off the page, and I have to hit the space bar or some other place on my keyboard to get them to reappear! This is so frustrating and started a couple of weeks ago. To say the least, I am having problems with my Microsoft Outlook account.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.