Minecraft will not let me sign into my Microsoft account

Harper Stevens 0 Reputation points
2026-10-02T06:05:36.7733333+00:00

I reached out to Mojang support but they said that this is a Microsoft account issue. I can not sign into Minecraft on my iPad. I click “sign in” and the sign in window will pop up and I will successfully sign in only for the window to go away and tell me that I can not sign in. I have been trying every day for a week and have gotten no luck. I asked Google AI for help and did all of the suggested fixes and nothing worked. I can sign in and play just fine on my Nintendo switch but when I try to sign in on my iPad I can’t. I have attached the entire conversation with the google ai and everything it told me to do to fix it and nothing worked in the link below. Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/139l7nNt9r4TnfYkuZc4hV55CSpPKXKRbRw07M_6m_HE/edit?usp=drivesdk

Microsoft Edge | Profile, sync, and sign in | iOS
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. AI answer

    2026-10-02T06:05:52.9+00:00

    Since sign-in works on the Nintendo Switch but fails on the iPad after the Microsoft sign-in window closes, focus on Microsoft account sign-in checks on that device and connection.

    Try these steps in order:

    1. Use the Microsoft account Sign-in Helper first: Sign-in helper. It checks the email address or phone number used for sign-in and identifies account problems.
    2. If the account signs in elsewhere but keeps failing on the iPad, avoid private browsing or any in-app browser mode that behaves like Incognito/InPrivate.
    3. Temporarily disable ad blockers, privacy extensions, content blockers, or network-level blocking features.
    4. Turn off any VPN or proxy on the iPad, then try again on the normal internet connection.
    5. Make sure cookies and JavaScript are enabled in the browser flow used for sign-in.
    6. Try a different network. If currently on school, work, hotel, or other shared Wi-Fi, switch to a personal connection.
    7. Turn off Wi‑Fi on the iPad and try the sign-in flow using a mobile phone hotspot or cellular-backed connection.
    8. Clear browser cache and cookies, then try again.
    9. Update the browser and restart the iPad.

    If the issue is a repeated security-check failure during sign-in, these are the documented fixes for that Microsoft account error path.

    If the account itself is not being recognized, or the password suddenly stopped working, use the Sign-in Helper again. If the username is reported as not found, the documented recovery path is also to use the Sign-in Helper. If the account has been inactive for more than two years, it may have been deleted.

    If none of the above works, use Contact Microsoft Support. Support can route the case, but support agents cannot send password reset links or change account details.


    References:

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.