regarding the access of teams in mobile app

Vinayak Kallambi 0 Reputation points
2026-10-02T05:05:54.5+00:00

Hi,

Recently, I had to reset my mobile phone, and I lost the details in my Authenticator and Outlook apps.

Now, when I try to log in, it asks me to approve the sign-in through the Authenticator or Outlook app. However, I cannot access either app, so I am stuck in a login loop.

I am currently unable to access Outlook and Authenticator on my mobile, although I can still use Teams on my laptop.

Could you please help me regain access to my account, preferably through SMS verification or by enabling access through Outlook on the web?

Thanks, [Moderator note: Personally Identifiable Information removed] 

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Teams on mobile devices
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Dora-T 1,130 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-02T05:23:30.5466667+00:00

    Hi @Vinayak Kallambi

    Based on your description, I understand that you lost access to Microsoft Authenticator after resetting your mobile device, and you are now stuck in a sign-in loop when trying to access Outlook and Teams.

    May I know if you previously registered your phone number for SMS verification as an alternative sign-in method? If so, you may be able to select “Sign-in another way” and use SMS to access your account. You can also access https://mysignins.microsoft.com/security-info to delete old Authenticator and then register for new MFA on Microsoft Authenticator again.   

    If no, I recommend that you contact your organization’s administrator or IT department and ask them to follow this article to reset MFA for you: Manage authentication methods for Microsoft Entra multifactor authentication - Microsoft Entra ID |…. After that, you'll be able to register Microsoft Authenticator again.  

    If you’re not sure who your administrator is, you can refer to this article for guidance: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/how-do-i-find-my-microsoft-365-admin

    For work or school accounts, MFA and authentication methods are managed by the organization. Your administrator or IT department can help restore access to the account.

    Once you regain access, it may be helpful to register an additional sign-in method, if permitted by your organization, so you have a backup option in the future.

    I hope this helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.