i need help with my laptop nvidia 1050TI

Brian Pizzawater 40 Reputation points
2026-10-02T01:41:24.4233333+00:00

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming with a GTX 1050 Ti. One day it suddenly started blue screening and crashing. I have completely removed and reinstalled the NVIDIA drivers many times, but I keep getting nvlddmkm errors (Event ID 153) in Event Viewer. I also get the VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL blue screen. I previously also got a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD involving pci.sys.

The GTX 1050 Ti still works sometimes, but I get graphical glitches, freezes, and crashes. and when it does work it works great and when it dosent its just a black screen everytime i load a game up. I also tested the GPU with OCCT 3D Adaptive, and the GTX 1050 Ti crashed almost immediately, even after underclocking it heavily.

I want to figure out whether the problem is the GPU/VRAM itself, the PCIe/power circuitry, or something else before replacing any hardware. What should I test next?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
Lester Bernard Reyes 85,675 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2026-10-05T03:21:49.1066667+00:00

You are always welcome, and I hope all goes well.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
Lester Bernard Reyes 85,675 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2026-10-04T14:56:46.7066667+00:00

Hi, thank you for replying, another option is to run a complete reinstallation of Windows. However, if the issue persists, the last option you can take is to contact a local technician to physically check the device for any hardware-related issues.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

5 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Lester Bernard Reyes 85,675 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-03T18:08:06.92+00:00

    You are always welcome, and I hope it will be all good now.

    Was this answer helpful?


  2. Lester Bernard Reyes 85,675 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-03T06:57:43.29+00:00

    Based on your inputs, it seems that there is a hardware-related issue. Moreover, let us make sure that there are no software-related problems. I suggest doing an in-place upgrade, which will upgrade the device to the latest version and repair all issues without deleting any files.

     

    Note: Before doing this, make sure to create a restore point:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-hk/help/4027538/windows-create-a-system-restore-point

     

    1. Go to this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
    2. Select Download Now, and select Run. You need to be an administrator to run this tool.
    3. On the License terms page, if you accept the license terms, select Accept.
    4. On the What do you want to do? page, select Upgrade this PC now, and then select Next.
    5. After downloading and installing, it should fix the issue.

     

    Reference: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

    Note: If the issue persists, I suggest contacting a local technician to physically check the device for any hardware-related issues.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.