Changing .xlr files

Patty Tracey 0 Reputation points
2026-10-01T19:57:23.1066667+00:00

There was a video I found to open excel. Select browse and the file you want to change…

excel wasn’t an option. Word was…I tried different things to no avail.

I have several to change. All my recipes etc.

but, I wanted to do one at first to see if it worked.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Files, folders, and storage
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. GTS-NJ 995 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2026-10-03T20:37:56.92+00:00

    I don't really know but some research suggests

    https://www.zamzar.com/convert/xlr-to-xls/

    Free use is limitedto Files up to 50 MB.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. GTS-NJ 995 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2026-10-01T20:49:52.3266667+00:00

    An .XLR file is a Microsoft Works Spreadsheet file. This is not compatile with Excel. (Excel spreadsheets use .xls or .xlxs extensions).

    There are some online file converters you might look into if needed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.