Activating Office 365

Carol Beard 20 Reputation points
2026-10-01T19:30:20.12+00:00

I transferred Office 365 onto my new computer and removed from my old computer. It will not activate on new computer. When I click activate, a new window opens and it just spins unendingly

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Answer accepted by question author
EmilyS726 269.8K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2026-10-01T20:04:55.9266667+00:00

Carol

Is the new computer running Windows 11, or macOS? If macOS, please tell me which macOS version.

If it is Windows 11, this can be a user profile issue and I need to review something first before I can conclude.

Please type cmd in the search on the taskbar. Don't press enter key yet. Instead, choose "run as administrator" to launch Command Prompt.

Then run this command, then tell me the last 4 digits of the SID please.

whoami /user

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

1 additional answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Carol Beard 20 Reputation points
    2026-10-01T20:09:02.13+00:00

    It is MOS Golden Gate 27.0.1

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.