An Azure service that provides a cloud content delivery network with threat protection.
Azure Front Door stuck in CommittingMigration since 2025-10-29 — abort and commit fail
The Azure Front Door profile "cdn-modeling" in resource group "jazz-modeling" has been stuck in the "CommittingMigration" state since 2025-10-29.
Current state:
- provisioningState: Succeeded
- resourceState: CommittingMigration
- SKU: Standard_AzureFrontDoor
- kind: frontdoor
The Azure Portal does not allow the profile to be edited because it reports that the profile is currently being migrated.
I tried to abort the migration with:
az cdn profile-migration abort --resource-group jazz-modeling --profile-name cdn-modeling
Result:
(BadRequest) The requested operation cannot be executed on the entity in the current state.
I also tried to commit the migration with:
az cdn profile-migration commit --resource-group jazz-modeling --profile-name cdn-modeling
Result:
(BadRequest) The requested operation cannot be executed on the entity in the current state.
Expected behavior:
The migration should either complete successfully or allow me to abort it.
Actual behavior:
The profile remains permanently in "CommittingMigration", and I cannot edit, commit, abort, or remove it normally.
Goal:
I want to remove this Front Door/CDN profile because it is no longer needed, while keeping the Azure Storage Account used as its origin and all data in that Storage Account unchanged.
Is there a supported way to recover this profile from the stuck migration state, or can Microsoft clear the migration state on the backend?