Copilot Chat History Missing on Web but Still Visible on Mobile

Kavyaan Sharma 0 Reputation points
2026-10-01T17:07:18.7166667+00:00

Hello Microsoft Support,

I'm experiencing an issue with my Copilot chat history after the recent Copilot update.

Issue:

  • All of my previous Copilot chats are still visible in the Copilot mobile app.
  • When I sign into the exact same Microsoft account on the Copilot website, there is no chat history section at all.
  • Instead of seeing my chats, I see a "Search for files" interface.
  • The issue occurs on multiple browsers, including Chrome and InPrivate/Incognito mode.
  • I have verified that I am signed into the same Microsoft account that contains my chat history on mobile.

Troubleshooting already performed:

  • Confirmed the account is the same on mobile and web.
  • Tested in multiple browsers.
  • Tested in Incognito/InPrivate mode.
  • Signed out and signed back in.
  • Chat history remains available on mobile but is missing from the web experience.

Because the chats are still visible on mobile, I believe the data still exists and may not be syncing correctly with the web version of Copilot.

These conversations contain important information, and I would like to know:

  1. Whether my chat history is still stored on Microsoft's servers.
  2. Whether this is a known migration or synchronization issue.
  3. How I can restore access to my existing chats on the web version of Copilot.

Thank you for your assistance.

Microsoft Edge | Website issues | Windows 11
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Emma1-N 13,320 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-02T00:14:52.4366667+00:00

    Welcome Kavyaan Sharma,

    Thank you for providing such detailed information. Since your previous chats are still visible in the Copilot mobile app, that suggests the conversation data may still be associated with your account. I'd like to gather a little more information before suggesting further troubleshooting:

    • Are you using a personal Microsoft account (Outlook.com, Hotmail.com, Live.com, etc.) or a work/school account?
    • Approximately when did you first notice the chat history disappear from the web experience?

    As a quick test, please also try the following:

    • Open Copilot in a browser and sign out completely
    • Clear cookies and site data specifically for Microsoft and Copilot sites (Settings > Privacy, search, and services > Clear browsing data > Choose what to clear > Clear now)
    • Close the browser, reopen it, and sign back in
    • Check whether the "Search for files" interface still appears and whether the chat history panel becomes available

    Looking forward to your update.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.