A fully managed end-to-end service for digitally signing code, documents, and applications. (formerly Trusted Signing)
Public organization validation stays on Processing, then shows a new QR code
I am completing the individual-verification step for a Public organization identity validation in Azure Artifact Signing. Passport verification succeeds and the Verified ID is in Microsoft Authenticator. Presenting that credential never completes.
The portal request is In Progress and shows “Please complete your verification here”.
Expected result: the browser shows “Verification Successful”, and a few minutes later the portal status updates.
Actual result:
- I open the verification link while signed in with the same address as the primary email on the request. I am signed out of the Azure portal account in that browser.
- The computer page stays on “Processing…” where the QR code should be, or shows a QR code.
- I scan with Authenticator’s Verified IDs scanner and share the card issued to that primary email.
- Authenticator often closes as the computer starts verifying, before Share can finish.
- After about two minutes the computer shows a new QR code. There is no “Verification Successful” dialogue, and the portal status does not change.
What I already tried:
- The verification sign-in matches the primary email on the request.
- The phone was restarted. Authenticator was uninstalled, reinstalled, and updated. The Verified ID was issued again after the reinstall.
- Edge InPrivate and Chrome, including a private window. Authenticator was opened from the phone home screen, not from the store buttons.
- Mobile data only, with no Wi-Fi, VPN, or proxy.
While the page spins, the gateway polls return HTTP 200. The face-check ping returns HTTP 204. The calls are not blocked.
I am not creating another identity validation for this organization. I can share the validation id, tenant id, and a fresh gateway request id privately.
Please escalate to the Artifact Signing / Entra Verified ID team.