A fully managed end-to-end service for digitally signing code, documents, and applications. (formerly Trusted Signing)
Artifact Signing identity validation stuck at Action Required - verification link already used
I am setting up Azure Artifact Signing with Public Trust organization identity validation for a UK company.
The organization identity validation progressed to Action Required, and Microsoft emailed the primary contact asking us to complete identity verification.
I followed the verification link and was presented with the Microsoft Verified ID QR code. When I scanned the QR code using Microsoft Authenticator, Authenticator displayed:
VerifiableCredential - Card missing
The Next button was disabled. I then checked the Verified IDs section of Microsoft Authenticator and confirmed that there were no Verified IDs present.
The problem is that this unsuccessful attempt appears to have consumed the one-time verification session. When I now use either the original email verification link or the Please complete your verification here link from the Artifact Signing identity validation in Azure, Microsoft returns:
No Access
Sorry, this link has been used already. Please return to Artifact Signing to review the status of your request.
The organization identity validation remains at Action Required.
I have confirmed that:
- The Artifact Signing account itself is provisioned successfully and healthy.
- The Microsoft.CodeSigning resource provider is registered.
- The requesting user has the Artifact Signing Identity Verifier role assigned directly to the Artifact Signing account.
- The Artifact Signing terms of use have been accepted.
- The organization validation has not been deleted or recreated.
I need to complete the required personal identity/Verified ID verification, but there is now no usable verification session with which to do so.
Could the existing identity-verification session please be reset or reissued so that I can obtain/present the required Verified ID and complete the existing organization identity validation?
I can provide the Identity Validation ID, Subscription ID and Artifact Signing resource details privately to Microsoft support if required. I have deliberately not included those identifiers or the verification token in this public post.