Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on Windows 11
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello,
I'm looking for a way to disable immersive read overall or add an site to exception for that feature at new Edge version.
I'm using old web application that utilize F9 button and it's not work as I expecting.
I've looked at about:flags page but I cannot find option that was used to be there to disable that feature.
Anyone can help with that?
Current edge version: 154.0.4258.48
Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on Windows 11
Hi GAJDA Jozef,
I understand how frustrating this can be, especially when a legacy web application depends on the F9 key for its normal functionality.
Based on the information currently available, Microsoft Edge does not provide a supported option to disable Immersive Reader globally or to create site-specific exceptions for it. It also appears that the older experimental flag that previously controlled this behavior is no longer available in recent Edge versions.
As fellow users and moderators in the Microsoft Q&A community, we do not have access to internal Edge development tools, undocumented settings, or the ability to modify product features. Our role is limited to providing guidance based on publicly available information and supported configurations.
Because this appears to be a product design limitation rather than a configuration issue, I recommend submitting feedback directly to the Microsoft Edge team through: Edge > Settings and more (...) > Help and feedback > Send feedback.
I realize this may not be the answer you were hoping for, but at this time the Microsoft Q&A community is not aware of any supported method to disable Immersive Reader globally, create site-specific exceptions, or remap the F9 shortcut. Feedback submitted through Edge is the best way to bring this request to the product team.