"We couldn't verify your startup" – no reason shown, no way to retry

Harun Melik IŞIKAY 0 Reputation points
2026-10-01T06:46:42.1633333+00:00

Hello,

I'm the founder of an early-stage B2B SaaS startup (a cloud-based CRM for SMEs, based in Türkiye). I joined Microsoft for Startups with a personal Microsoft account and previously provided my official company documents and a D-U-N-S number.

In the Azure portal, "Check verification status" on the Microsoft for Startups page only shows:

"We couldn't verify your startup. We'll switch you to a pay-as-you-go subscription once your remaining Azure credits run out or expire."

There is no reason, no error code, no option to resubmit documents, and I did not receive an email. My credits are set to expire on Oct 14, 2026. I have since re-verified my company domain and updated my website and LinkedIn profile. I already run production resources on this subscription (container registry and storage account).

Questions:

  1. Is there a way to retry or request a manual re-review, and where?
  2. Can I find out why verification failed?
  3. If I need to reapply, how long should I wait, and will it use the same account?

Thank you for any guidance.

Azure | Azure Startups
Azure | Azure Startups

Startups: Companies that are in their initial stages of business and typically developing a business model and seeking financing.

0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. Senthil kumar 2,500 Reputation points
    2026-10-01T10:27:10.6333333+00:00

    Hi @Harun Melik IŞIKAY

    Based on the information provided, this appears to be a Microsoft for Startups program verification issue rather than an Azure subscription issue.

    1. Is there a way to retry or request a manual re-review, and where?

    According to Microsoft's guidance, startup verification and eligibility reviews are handled by Microsoft for Startups Program Support. The documented path in the Azure portal is:

    Azure Portal → Microsoft for Startups → Overview → Your Microsoft Team → Get program support.

    If the"Get program support" option is not available in your portal, several similar cases have been escalated through Microsoft for Startups Program Support for manual review. In that situation, I would recommend opening a support request through the Microsoft for Startups experience and providing:

    Startup name

    Application email address

    Azure subscription ID

    D-U-N-S number

    Screenshot of the verification status message

    Company registration documents and domain ownership evidence

    1. Can I find out why verification failed?

    Unfortunately, Microsoft does not always expose the specific reason in the Azure portal. The message:

    "We couldn't verify your startup"

    does not by itself provide a rejection code or detailed explanation. Similar reports from other founders indicate that the portal may show only the verification failure message without additional details.

    Your best option is to contact Microsoft for Startups Program Support and request clarification regarding the verification outcome. They can advise whether additional documentation is required or whether there was a discrepancy in the information provided.

    1. If I need to reapply, how long should I wait, and will it use the same account?

    The Microsoft for Startups FAQ states that:

    A submitted application cannot be edited after submission.

    If an application is declined, you may reapply after 14 days.

    The FAQ does not indicate that a different Microsoft account is required for reapplication.

    Additional note

    Since you already have active production resources and Azure credits that remain valid until 14 October 2026, I would recommend engaging Microsoft for Startups Program Support before the credits expire rather than waiting for automatic conversion to pay-as-you-go. This provides the best opportunity to resolve any verification discrepancies while your startup profile is still active.

    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.