I tried the ways mentioned above but didn't resolve the issue,
want to try enabling Windows Installer logging.
how to enable it?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hii,
I was trying to install IQSET tool in my laptop, I was getting this error
Feature transfer error
Error- 1603 : Fatal error during installation
Consult windows installer help(msi.chm) or MSDN for more information.
could you please help how to proceed further.
I tried the ways mentioned above but didn't resolve the issue,
want to try enabling Windows Installer logging.
how to enable it?
Hi,
Please copy the installer package (.msi) file to the C:\ drive's root directory and launch the setup from admin Command Prompt.
For example, if the file name is setup.msi, open Command Prompt (admin) and run this command:
msiexec /i "C:\setup.msi" /l*vx "C:\installer.log"
This starts the setup with verbose logging.
If the setup fails, attach the file C:\installer.log in your reply.
AI answer
Error 1603 means Fatal error during installation.
Try these checks in order:
Return value 3, which is typically close to the actual failure reason.If the installer still fails after these steps, the MSI log is the next useful item because 1603 is a general installer failure and the log usually shows the exact blocked file, permission issue, or conflicting component.