Install Office 365 suite Products

Gould League Admin 0 Reputation points
2026-10-01T04:54:49.8366667+00:00

I have been a not-for-profit client for over 10 years. Last year things changed somehow and we have had nothing but problems.

I have 2 subscriptions as NFP Business Standard. Each comes with the ability to download the Office Suite of products (Word, Excel, PPT, Outlook, etc) on up to 5 computers.

No matter what I try, when I get to the install office 365 apps button and click it, I am taken to a screen that shows the only thing I can install is Skype for Business 2015, which I think no longer even exists.

This process used to be simple but now it is infuriating.

When I dealt with customer support in India back in Feb, they had no idea how to fix it and were clearly reading from a manual and troubleshooting. Nothing worked. They said it'd sort itself out. Nothing has. We need this software on machines because we have elderly volunteers who cannot cope with working on these apps online. We spend so much time helping them and trying to teach them, to no avail.

SOMEONE please help. I am ready to dump you and head back to Google.

Thanks,

Blair

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For business | Windows
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Elena-VH 1,890 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-01T05:52:50.6633333+00:00

    Dear Gould League Admin,

    Since your Microsoft 365 Business Standard (Nonprofit) licenses should include the desktop Office applications, seeing only Skype for Business 2015 as an available download is not expected.

    In this case, here are a few things I recommend you check:

    Step 1: Sign in to https://portal.office.com/account/?ref=Harmony#subscriptions > In the Subscriptions tab, check whether the account is assigned an active Microsoft 365 Business Standard (Nonprofit) license.

    Step 2: In the Microsoft 365 Admin Center, go to Users > Active users, select the user, and in "License and apps" verify the license is assigned > scroll down to the "Apps" section, and also make sure that the Microsoft 365 Apps for business/enterprise service is enabled.

    Note: If you are an end-user, please reach out to your IT Admin. For reference: How do I find my Microsoft 365 admin?

    Step 3: Please allow up to 24 hours for the licensing and service provisioning to complete across Microsoft 365. After that period, sign out of all Microsoft 365 sessions, sign back in, and check the installation page again.

    If possible, please test with another browser or an InPrivate/Incognito session to rule out cached portal issues.

    Please note that this is a community forum, and community members do not have access to your tenant, licensing information, or Microsoft's backend systems. Therefore, no one here can verify the status of your subscription or make changes to your account.

    However, if all licensing appears correct and the portal still only offers Skype for Business, this is likely a licensing or provisioning issue that cannot be fixed from the Community. I recommend opening a support case with Microsoft 365 Support in the M365 Admin Center and specifically asking them to verify the license provisioning in the tenant. For reference: Get support for Microsoft 365 for business

    Note: If you are an end-user, please reach out to your IT Admin. For reference: How do I find my Microsoft 365 admin?

    If you have any questions or if I have misunderstood anything, please feel free to reach out. I'm looking forward to your update.

    Was this answer helpful?


  2. AI answer

    2026-10-01T04:55:06.7+00:00

    This usually means the desktop Office apps service is not available to the signed-in account, even if the subscription itself appears assigned.

    Check these items in order:

    1. Sign out of Microsoft 365, close the browser, then sign back in.
      • A delay can happen after environment or license changes.
    2. Verify the license includes the desktop apps service.
      • Go to https://admin.microsoft.com and sign in with the work or school account.
      • Go to Settings > My app settings > Office 365.
      • On My account, select Subscriptions.
      • Look for The latest desktop version of Office in the list of licensed services.
      • If that entry is missing, the Office desktop apps license has not been assigned to the account.
    3. If the subscription is visible but install still only shows Skype for Business 2015, have the admin check the assigned apps for the user.
      • In similar cases, the issue is that the Microsoft 365 Apps service within the business license is not enabled for the user.
      • After the admin enables it, sign out, close the browser, and sign back in before trying the install again.
    4. If the install option appears after the license is corrected, install from https://www.office.com / https://www.microsoft365.com using the same work or school account associated with the subscription.
    5. If Office is very slow to install once the correct installer appears, use the offline installer instead.
    6. If the account is correctly licensed and the install option still does not appear, contact the Microsoft 365 admin in the organization. If the admin cannot resolve it, the admin should contact support.

    Expected result: under Subscriptions, the account should show The latest desktop version of Office. Once that service is present and enabled, the normal Office apps install option should be available instead of only Skype for Business 2015.


    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.