can't add text into a PDF file.

chenyouzhan 0 Reputation points
2026-09-30T09:20:23.0366667+00:00

When I select the 'add text' tool, after I finish typing the text and click outside the text box, the text disappears. I can't send an .mp4 file to explain more clearly about the issue I'm having because it's not supported here.

Microsoft Edge | Read PDFs | Windows 11
0 comments No comments

12 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. SD - IA 180.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-30T11:25:31.9633333+00:00

    Yes, so I understood the issue correctly initially.

    Now, does this happen with all PDFs or only one?

    Was this answer helpful?


  2. SD - IA 180.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-30T10:54:14.8733333+00:00

    Hi,

    I'm confident this troubleshooting step will help in isolating the problem. This is because:

    1. Sometimes the production release of MS Edge has a bug that the Developer version won't have.
    2. Edge Dev installs separately.

    Also, What language is the default language in Windows right now?

    Was this answer helpful?


  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. SD - IA 180.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-30T10:35:37.5533333+00:00

    I was asking a few questions to better understand the issue before recommending a solution. Please provide the requested details so I can continue troubleshooting.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  5. SD - IA 180.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-30T10:19:48.1166667+00:00

    Hello,

    Some PDF tools are not supported in certain languages like Text. What language is the default language in Windows right now?

    Please run Edge Dev version from https://aka.ms/EdgeInsider

    Let me know if you can make the changes sucessfully in Edge Dev version.

    I look forward to hearing from you to get the results of the troubleshooting.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.