I was given this number <removed>

Alan Mingo 0 Reputation points
2026-09-30T09:13:18.2733333+00:00

I was given this number <removed>

This message continually comes up. Detected Microsoft XPS doc Writer & Microsoft Printer to PDF port conflict and has done so since I first tried to set up this printer a HP Envey 6120e

I have tried all the advice given on help sits like removing and reloading the printer in settings and hp smart, unplugging, restarting, and have now been trying to do it using the printer cable all to no avail, the message continues for about an hour and a half every time I turn the computer on, as I have now just done and even after removing all printers in settings and turning the Wi Fi off on the printer the message comes on as I type this.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

6 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Thomas4-N 22,380 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-03T13:55:00.6166667+00:00

    Hello Alan Mingo.

    Thanks for trying the printer removal, restart, and connection changes, and for confirming the message still appears. Since it comes back even with the printer disconnected, I wouldn’t repeat those steps yet.

    Could you share a screenshot of the entire message, including its title and any buttons? Please cover any personal details. It would also help to know whether it appears inside a browser, as a notification, or in its own window. That should help identify what is displaying it before changing printer settings again.

    For now, please don’t click a “Fix Now” button or call a number shown in the popup. You can also run a Full scan from Windows Security > Virus & threat protection > Scan options as a precaution. I can’t tell from the message alone whether this is unwanted software or a genuine printer alert.

    Was this answer helpful?


  2. Alan Mingo 0 Reputation points
    2026-09-30T10:17:38.2933333+00:00

    This message continually comes up. Detected Microsoft XPS doc Writer & Microsoft Printer to PDF port conflict and has done so since I first tried to set up this printer a HP Envey 6120e

    I have tried all the advice given on help sits like removing and reloading the printer in settings and hp smart, unplugging, restarting, and have now been trying to do it using the printer cable all to no avail, the message continues for about an hour and a half every time I turn the computer on, as I have now just done and even after removing all printers in settings and turning the Wi Fi off on the printer the message comes on as I type this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  3. Alan Mingo 0 Reputation points
    2026-09-30T09:24:12.48+00:00

    I did it and the problem still persists

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  4. Alan Mingo 0 Reputation points
    2026-09-30T09:22:00.4166667+00:00

    I did it and the problem still persists

    Was this answer helpful?


  5. Alan Mingo 0 Reputation points
    2026-09-30T09:21:25.5166667+00:00

    I did it and the problem still persists

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.